There aren’t many appliances in your home that are more important than your toilet, for a number of reasons. It sees activity every day, especially if you have a large family. Most of the time, they do their job just fine—but like everything else, eventually they wear out and need replacement. Whether its individual components wearing down or the toilet stops flushing all together, we have the bathroom plumbing services in Rosenberg, TX that you need.
The good news is that toilets don’t usually give out until years, even decades, of reliable service. But once the toilet has reached the point of no return, you’ll need to move pretty quickly. A trained and experienced professional plumber can install a new toilet in your bathroom with minimal effort, but you still need to be able to know when something is wrong by spotting common signs. This signs can include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Cracks: If either the basin of the toilet or the tank of the toilet is damaged, then it’s most likely that the entire toilet needs replacement. Cracks are a sure sign of a problem, but not all cracks are simple to locate. In fact, hairline fractures can be really difficult to notice, as can damage to the backside of the toilet, where you wouldn’t normally look. So what should you look for? This brings us to:
- Puddles: If you see puddles of water forming near your toilet, it could be coming from the bottom of an incorrectly sealed appliance. It could also, however, be due to small cracks in the toilet. Check too for unexplained moisture on the toilet.
- A Wobbly Toilet: Does your toilet wobble when you sit down? Or perhaps it otherwise shows some signs that something isn’t sealed or locked down properly. This is definitely worth a service call, and in some cases, our professional plumbers may be able to just tighten some bolts and be done with it. In other cases, however, the problem is due to structural damage, and you’ll need to replace it.
- Multiple Repairs: Just like a car or any other type of equipment, your toilet can be a “lemon.” This may leave you making multiple repair calls throughout the year, and never really having a reliable toilet. You might also be having multiple repairs done because the toilet is older and has been used consistently over the years. But it can eventually get to the point that the frequency or repairs is costing you more than it would to simply buy a new toilet—if this is the case for you then we strongly recommend doing the latter!
- Age: Older toilets might not have any obvious problems, however they’re not always as efficient as they could be, and may end up costing you a great deal in wasted water. Although toilets are designed to last decades, if you have an older home this is definitely something to consider.
Whether you need a toilet replacement or whole-house repiping, for any of your plumbing woes, just reach out to Doug Turner Plumbing CO.—Services You Can Depend On!